Tuesday 18 September 2012

Research And Planning - Semiotics/Fonts Activity


Today we began looking at mastheads for magazines. We have been looking at what we find appropriate and what is suited best. To begin with I went on to dafont.com, and I looked at the different fonts available. I started to decide what I should have for each text. I decided popcorn should have a small, snappy text, where as the other two should have larger texts. I decided the death metal text should be bold, where as the popworld one is more spread out and clear, as this reflects the magazines contents. The colour however would be fit for purpose. If it was to be on a real magazine I would make the 'popcorn' magazine have pasty colours, where as the popworld one would have bright colours. On the other hand, the death metal magazine would have darker colours, as this fits better.

No comments:

Post a Comment