Tuesday 11 September 2012

Research And Planning - InDesign Tutorial


This is my first attempt at using Adobe InDesign. Firstly I opened a new document, and I went up to layout, then ruler guides, and I added vertical lines. I then opened firefox and found a review and picture of the film Mean Girls, I saved them both to my desktop. I then reopened my InDesign and I went to file, and used 'place' to insert both the text and image into my double page spread. I moved the text and image around so that both fitted well. I had to selet my image and then select object, then fitting, then finally fit frame to content- this made the whole image viewable.  I then went to the 'text' tool and inserted a title- I edited the colour and then used stroke to add a background to my title. Lastly  I added a box, and then used the colour tool to fill it in pink. I then stretched the box to the size of my whole spread, and then I used the send to back tool so that my text, image and title are still seen. Finally, I removed the ruler guides, and now my first InDesign document is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment